For more information about the programs and services available through the Hartland Senior Center, visit our web site at www.HartlandSeniorCenter.org
The Hartland Consolidated School District established the Hartland Senior Center in 1975. The mission of the senior center is “to support the independence of the older members of our community and to encourage their continued involvement in society.”
The Hartland Senior Center Philosophy
The philosophy of the senior center movement is based on these premises: that aging is a normal developmental process; that human beings need peers with whom they can interact and who are available as a source of encouragement and support; and that everyone has the right to a voice in determining matters in which they have a vital interest.
We believe that people of any age are:
* Individuals with ambitions, capabilities, and creative capacities;
* Are capable of growth and development;
* Have certain basic needs, including the need for opportunities for relationships and for experiencing a sense of achievement;
* Need access to sources of information and help for personal and family problems, and the opportunities to learn from individuals coping with similar situations;
* Have a right to be involved in the decision-making process.