Policies & Procedures
- Policies and Procedures
- Weather Cancellations and Postponements
- Registration Confirmations
- Participants and Spectators
Policies and Procedures
To assist with effective delivery of classes and programs, we have instituted various policies for the best interest of all parties involved.
Please take a moment to review our policies and procedures. If you have any questions contact our office Monday through Friday at 810.626.2150. We are open 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Snow Day Policy -
A FULL REFUND will be made if a class or program is cancelled because of insufficient enrollment. Refunds will be processed within 10 business days.
If you cancel and request a refund please read carefully:
A refund will be issued on classes five (5) sessions or longer (MINUS $10 Processing Fee per class or program) if the participant cancels within two(2) business days after attending the first class. This allows us time to place someone from the waiting list.
IF YOU CANCEL ON THE DAY OF THE CLASS OR PROGRAM there will be NO REFUND.
NO REFUNDS are issued for ONE-DAY WORKSHOPS or MINI-CLASSES (1-4 sessions in length), but you may designate a substitute participant if you cannot attend.
It is not the policy of Hartland Community Education to confirm the class(es) for which you have registered.
If you register online, you will receive a confirmation via email if your email address is a part of your Account Profile at the time of registration.
You can update your Account Profile at any time to add or change your email address to ensure receipt of email confirmations. Questions? Call the office at 810.626.2150 for more information.
Hartland Community Education will only notify registrants if a class has been cancelled. If there is a change in class due to instructor illness or inclement weather, Community Education will make every effort to contact you. We also give updates on our Facebook page.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE A HOME, WORK or CELL PHONE NUMBER ON YOUR REGISTRATION.
Participants and Spectators
1. As a participant in a class, please do not bring children with you unless the class is advertised as a parent/child class.
2. If you wish to observe your child in class, please notify the instructor as a courtesy prior to visiting. You are always welcome.
3. As a classroom observer, please do not bring other siblings or children with you.
1. As a participant in a class, please do not bring children unless the class is advertised as a parent/child class.
2. If you wish to observe your child in a gym class, space will be provided on the sidelines for parents and children. Siblings or children with you MUST be in your immediate vicinity and under your supervision.
3. If you are observing a class, it is in your child's best interest that you refrain from offering suggestions or coaching.
4. Parents or children disrupting the class will be asked to leave by the instructor or other district personnel.
WAITING IN THE BUILDING:
1. Please stay outside the immediate classroom area.
2. Siblings or children who are with you must be in your immediate vicinity and under your supervision.
3. The custodial staff may ask you to wait in another area of the building because of their cleaning schedule or other building activity.
4. Parents, siblings or other children wandering around the building and/or causing a disturbance will be asked by the custodial staff or other district employees to leave the building.
Parents or spectators are not allowed on the field or playing area at any time.
Negative or profane language is strictly prohibited.
Respect the Referees and Game Officals.
No coaching from the sidelines by parents or spectators.
No alcohol or tobacco is allowed at youth or school activities.
Help keep the area clean.
Please use trash receptacles.
GOOD SPORTS ARE GOOD WINNERS!