Hartland Preschool Program
Hartland Consolidated Schools Preschool
Registration starts in December for the following year.
Call 810.626.2150 or register online.
Our tuition-based program is designed to develop social and educational skills through play-based activities as well as encourage your child to develop a positive self-image through social interaction and problem solving and offer a wide range of activities to accommodate the varied stages of your child’s development. The Hartland Community Education Preschool offers an exceptional educational program staffed with individuals who are qualified and eager to offer your child the finest start into their educational future.
As your child progresses through the program, they will work on strengthening their fine and gross motor skills and progress through introductory reading, math and science as part of the curriculum throughout the year.
All of our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art SMART Board technology to help tie in our center with Hartland School’s curriculum and approach to early elementary education.
Children should be developmentally prepared and independently toilet trained.
To be eligible for our 3 year old preschool program this year, your child must be 3 before October 15. To be eligible for our 4 year old preschool program this year, your child must be 4 before December 1.
The Hartland Community Education Preschool programs offer two convenient locations.
- The original location is the Hartland Childcare Center on School Street, in the Village of Hartland. The Childcare Center is a former elementary school (often referred to the 51 building.) Two restrooms are located right in the classroom and the building has a gymnasium and a large playground.
- The second location is the Hartland Educational Support Service Center (H.E.S.S.C.) at 9535 E. Highland Road, Howell 48843.
4 year old Extended Day
Our four year old extended day classes focus on social skills and building relationships. We work on kindergarten readiness skills; standing in line, hand washing, eating lunch, sitting in a group for stories and songs, and waiting for his or her turn. We begin an academic foundation filled with literacy, numbers, math concepts, social studies and science. These concepts are taught through resources including table games, creative and hands-on activities, sensory activities, cooking, conversation, books, and writing. We practice fine motor activities; cutting, drawing, painting, play doh, etc. Large motor activities include dancing, gym time; both structured and unstructured, playground and Education Through Music. Children learn with fun while making crafts, projects, playing games and smart board activities. We use programs including Zoo Phonics, Handwriting Without Tears, writers workshop and Second Step.
• Zoo Phonics is a method developed to help children become strong readers and spellers using a “phono” (hearing), “oral” (speaking), “visual”(seeing), “kinesthetic" (moving), and “tactile” (touching)- whole brain approach.
• Handwriting Without Tears (HWOT) is a way to teach pre-printing and printing. It uses multi-sensory techniques and consistent habits for letter formation to help teach handwriting to all students.
Second Step is a social emotional early learning program that teaches skills to help children learn, manage feelings, make friends, and solve problems.
• Education Through Music is a program that utilizes song and intentional movement to develop language, socialization, confidence and joy through singing and play.
• Writers workshop is a writing technique intended to build students' confidence with writing and has been adapted to the preschool level. Simply, the program provides continuous, repeated exposure to the process of writing.
- Check out our schedule and note that you can choose either a Monday/ Wednesday or Tuesday/ Thursday schedule with a flexible afternoon scheduling. We also offer two classes that include a 3-year old and 4-year-old split. If you are in need of Child Care before and after preschool and/or on the days that your child does not attend preschool, please let us know your Child Care needs.
TUITION and PAYMENT PLANS
Tuition for the entire year varies depending on your choice of payment plans and whether you attend two, three, four or five days per week. Tuition that is paid in full, on or before the first day of preschool will be given a 5% discount. Refunds will be processed only when children move from this area or if all avenues to serve the needs of the child have been explored.
A registration fee of $50 is due at registration ($25 is refundable upon your notification of cancellation by June 30. Registration fee is not applicable towards the tuition amount due. Several convenient payment plans (pay in full with 5% discount, eight (8) payments and our popular three (3) payment option) are offered. Eight (8) and three (3) payment options require the use of a credit or debit card with an authorization form on file.
Please call Jen Turner, preschool director (810) 626-2780 with questions.